Materials you will need:
-white sheet of card stock paper
-5 red strips of paper (ripped from a red sheet of construction paper)
-1 blue rectangle (ripped out of a blue sheet of construction paper)
1. Put glue on the red strips of paper and stick them down on your white paper spacing them out to make the red/white flag pattern.
|On occasion, Mr. Tyrannosaurus Rex sits in on our crafting time. He is a good buddy of ours. :)|
2. My strips were longer than the white paper so after they were glued on we just trimmed the edges to line up with the paper.
3. Glue your blue rectangle onto the corner of your paper.
4. Put your star stickers on your blue rectangle.
See, 4 simple steps and you've created a cute American Flag.
Some Facts about the American Flag that we talked about (source):
- The stripes represent the 13 original colonies.
- The 50 stars represent the number of states.
- The Red symbolizes Hardiness and Valor.
- The White symbolizes Purity and Innocence.
- The Blue represents Vigilance, Perseverance and Justice.
Hope everyone has a Happy 4th of July!! Happy Crafting!!
Linking up to these parties.