It seems like every blog I read has a turkey craft to share this week. We are no exception! After a trip to the library picking up some fun turkey books, we made this adorable Paper Plate Turkey.
Supplies you will need:
- paper plate
- craft knife (for adult use ONLY)
- acrylic paint (various colors, including brown and yellow)
- paint brush
- red foam sheet or cardstock paper
- white cardstock paper
- 2-inch circle punch
- 2 large googly eyes
1. Start by using a craft knife to cut a triangle in the center of the paper plate for a beak. (Note: If you don't have a craft knife or don't want to do this part, you can always just cut a beak out of yellow paper and glue it on in step 3.)
2. Paint the beak yellow, the face brown, and use a variety of colors to paint feathers around the plate. Let the paint dry completely.
3. When the paint is completely dry, punch 2 white circles out with your 2" circle punch. Glue them onto your plate. Glue your large googly eyes onto the white circles. Next cut a snood out of your red foam sheet or cardstock paper and glue it onto your turkey.
They turned out so cute!
I just love seeing the different colors my boys each chose to decorate their turkey with.
And of course I made one too!
You might also enjoy our Paper Plate Turkey Craft!