Materials you will need:
- Manila folder
- green construction paper or cardstock paper
- orange construction paper
- glue stick
- 2 large googly eyes
- shamrock stickers (optional)
Below you can see how I prepped my paper pieces to start making the craft. I cut an oval face shape out of a manila folder so we wouldn't have to color or paint it. If you have older children, they can cut their own face out. I purchased my manila folders at Dollar Tree. I think they come in a package of 10. You can always use white paper and just color it with a flesh colored crayon of your choice if you don't have a manila folder. You can see my pieces cut out for the face and hat pictured below. The orange construction paper will be used for the beard.
1. To start, glue the two hat pieces together and then glue it onto your Leprechaun Face. I had some shamrock glitter stickers on hand so my son added those to the hat to make it special (optional).
2. Then tear off small pieces of orange construction paper and glue them around the face to make the Leprechaun beard. My son also tore a couple small pieces to use as eyebrows. When you are finished with the beard, glue on the eyebrows and two large googly eyes.
3. Lastly, use crayons to finish making the face details (nose and mouth). My son added freckles which I think made him extra cute! :)
Do you want to pair this craft up with some Leprechaun books? Check out this post of 4 Fun St Patrick's Day/Leprechaun Books.