We took a trip to the Tracy Aviary this past week so we've had birds on the brain. When I was organizing some old magazine clippings and recipes last week I remembered seeing this awesome idea for bird finger puppets in one of the magazine clippings that I had saved.
They have loved playing with them...
Here is how to make them:
1. Cut out a bird body, wings and beak out of felt. I let my kids decide what colors they wanted to use. You can see what the pieces will need to look like in the picture below.
2. Use a craft knife to cut small slits in the center of the bird body, as shown pictured below.
3. Roll one of the wings up (pictured below).
4. Put the rolled wing through the slits in the bird body to attach it to the bird. The loop underneath the bird now acts as the place you put your finger in to use it as a puppet.
5. Use a hot glue gun to add on the beak and googly eyes.
6. Lastly, use a hot glue gun to add colorful feathers at the end of the bird. And wah-lah....A bright, colorful, finger puppet for your children to play with.