When I was organizing my recipes this past week I came across a magazine clipping in my piles that I had saved with this wonderful idea of making bird finger puppets. I only saved the page so sadly I have no idea what magazine it came from to give credit. Since we took a trip to the Tracy Aviary this past week it was a perfect craft to make for my kids.
They have loved playing with them...
Here is how to make them:
1. Print off the bird pattern HERE on heavy paper and cut out the pieces to use as a pattern.
2. Use the pattern to cut out the bird pieces in different colors of felt. (I let my kid decide what colors they wanted to use)
3. Use a craft knife to cut small slits in the center of the bird body, as shown pictured belowed.
4. Roll one of the wings up (pictured below).
5. Put the rolled wing through the slits in the bird body to attach it to the bird. The loop underneath the bird now acts as the place you put your finger in to use it as a puppet.
6. Use a hot glue gun to add on the beak and googly eyes.
7. Lastly, use hot glue to add colorful feathers at the end of the bird. And wah-lah....A bright, colorful, finger puppet for your children to play with.
I like to link my posts up to THESE fun link parties.