Welcome to the third edition of the 12 Months of Sensory Dough Series. This month is all about Edible Play Dough. We have been anxious for spring to arrive and have been reading all about ladybugs this week. As a special treat, I made a batch of edible playdough and we used some sweet things to create ladybugs.
If you missed our prior month's posts, make sure to check out our Cupcake Foam Dough and our Digging for Worms Cloud Dough.
- Can you make a Scary Face by Jan Thomas is a fun read aloud story that will have your child interacting and laughing throughout the book. My three year old requested it over and over and it quickly became a favorite during the week.
- Ladybugs by Gail Gibbons is a great informational book about Ladybugs geared towards preschool and elementary-aged children. We loved learning about and discussing all the different types of ladybugs.
- What the Ladybug Heard by Julia Donaldson is a fun non-fiction story centered around a ladybug who doesn't talk, until one day when he gets word about some robbers who plan on stealing the farm's cow. It held my daughter's attention and the plan acted out which saves the cow was both clever and funny, making for a great story.
- Share family-friendly posts related to the month's theme. Feel free to link old or new posts that highlight your favorite recipes for sensory dough. Failures and unsuccessful attempts are welcome.
- We ask that no posts are linked with copy/paste recipes from other sources. If you use a recipe from another source, please link back to the original recipe.
- By linking up, you give permission to share your post and one photograph in future posts and through social media channels.
- Visit 2-3 other posts that others have shared. Discover new ideas and meet new friends!
- If you would like to, please grab the 12 Months of Sensory Dough button for your blog.
The linky will remain open for two weeks. On the 12th of each month, all co-hosts will post a new dough with their spin, and will pin each post to the 12 Months of Sensory Dough Board.
Don't forget to join us next month (April 12th) for Scented Dough.
To see the yearly schedule, go HERE.