Earth Day is coming up on April 22nd and it's a great time to talk with the little ones in your life about our beautiful Earth and how we can help keep it clean and healthy. As a family we like to take part on Earth Day in finding an area in our neighborhood to pick up liter, but we also like to make a celebratory Earth Day Craft.
- Cardboard Circle (we used a 10-inch cardboard cake circle )
- blue paint
- green straws
- school glue
1. Paint your cardboard circle with blue paint and let it dry completely.
2. Cut up a bundle of green straws into small pieces. This is excellent cutting practice for preschoolers and ends up being a whole activity in itself. I set up our straws in a tray (pictured below) with scissors and had my daughter work at cutting all the straws after we had painted our cardboard circle.
3. I used the school glue to outline a continent and then my preschooler filled it in completely with glue.
4. Once a section was filled in with glue, take the straws and place them all over the glue.